Committee Chair: Marlene Peterson,
1. To manage a program of water quality monitoring for all participating lake associations.
2. To coordinate the water sampling, transporting of samples and reporting of results between the lake associations and the analytic laboratories as needed.
Off-Season Handling of Sampling Equipment
Once you’re done collecting water samples for the season, it is a good time to check your sampling equipment to ensure that it is ready for the next season:
1. Rinse and dry the collection tube.
2. Place corks in each end of the collection tube to keep the inside clean and to prevent varmints from making a nest in the tube over the winter.
3. Check the marks on your Secchi line: remark the line if the marks have faded, or contact Carolyn Herron to get a new line.
4. Repaint the white Secchi disc if it is chipped or rusted.
5. In the spring dust off your sampling equipment, pick up your coolers at the first COLA meeting, and you are ready to go for another season.
2017 Water Sampling Schedule
The water sampling schedule is set by RMB Labs for the weekend preceding and including the third Monday of each month from May through September.
Samples are to be delivered to your collection location by noon on Monday. This gives time for the volunteer to transport samples to RMB Labs at Detroit Lakes by close of business day on Monday.
On Thursday, April 20, 2017, at 5:00 pm water sample containers and coolers will be available for pick up at the Ottertail Community Center, Fergus Falls, MN. A representative of RMB Labs will be present to answer questions. Persons picking up water sampling materials will be welcome to stay and attend the regular monthly OTC COLA Member Meeting at 7:00 pm.
Schedule for 2017
May 14 & 15 (Sunday & Monday)
June 18 & 19
July 16 & 17
August 20 & 21
September 17 & 18
Water Sample Collection Locations:
1. Don Davenport (Clitherall Lake), 218.864.5192
38595 Country Estate Rd, Battle Lake MN 56515
3. Duane Lysne (Marion Lake), 218.346.5378
40810 N Marion Lake Drive, Perham MN 56573
Analytic Water Testing Services provided by: